Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Loma Rica Race

It's always nice to race in your own town, and that's exactly what I got to do on Saturday May 15th. Loma Rica Ranch is about 2 miles from my house and is a brand new trail system. It's on private land and only 'open' during events sanctioned by the local high school mountain bike team. The California state MTB championship was on Sunday, so they had a fund raiser race for us old fat guys. It was a near perfect 75 degrees and sunny. I was on the start line and realized the little girl next to me was Katarina Nash. Needless to say, she rode me off her wheel in the first 2 minutes. After suffering for 1:32 and racing 16 miles, I finished 3rd in the expert 30-39 class. It was really nice to place with my family and friends watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment